Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

She Just Doesn't Charge Enough!

.

My Mom really wanted to send down some cookies for Matt. But, she was so swamped over the Christmas holiday, she didn't really feel like it.

Still, she wanted him to have cookies, and when she thought about it, realized they were exactly Alex-sized.

So, we got this in the mail late last week


How adorable are they?

Oh, and this is my chance to brag...and have a really weird role-reversal moment: Mom's GPA for her first term at culinary school was 3.68. Yay! She got high honors, and (not surprisingly), perfect attendance. Go, Mom!

3 Thoughts for food:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Everything looks so good! I'm inspired to bake tonight. I'm thinking a cheesecake...

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute and colorful cookies! They look more like candy, though. But they're kinda late for Christmas, aren't they?

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Stephanie...I *adore* cheesecake. But I never, ever make it. Matt won't eat it (he has a thing about creamy-textured foods), and there's no way I'm going to eat a whole pie myself...so...have a piece for me?

Nicole; I've always loved to cook, but before I met Matt never really had an opportunity to do it. It's no fun cooking for one! So now, I have someone to cook for, and (theororetically) the time. And I'm loving it!

Julia...the thing is, Mom's going to culinary school right now, so she temporarily closed her baking business. However, since my parents no longer have the luxury of two incomes, she felt she needed to take orders over the holidays. And she was Swamped...she was in her (work) kitchen a minimum of twelve hours a day. And it didn't end till Christmas eve.
She really, really wanted to send down cookies, but didn't feel like even Being in a kitchen till a week or so (after all, she had to back to school and cook, too!), so made up a batch late.
And trust me...my Mom's sugar cookies are divine. It's the only kind Matt and I actually like...he'll take them *any* time of the year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker