Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

My Own Invention

.

I think I'm a pretty good cook. I can most certainly follow directions. With few exceptions, recipes turn out as they're supposed to. And occasionaly, I like to just make things up.

Maybe I have ingredients that need to be used. Perhaps I'm in the mood for something. Or, I'm inspired by something I've seen or read.
Whatever prompts me, I do like to come up with my own recipe, now and again.

The other night, I made Garlic Almond Chicken.

I think it had something to do with the 40-clove chicken recipes I'm always hearing about...I just wanted to try something with a lot of garlic.

I made two versions, as always: one with chicken, and the other with a chicken-substitute, Veat.
I baked the dish in bread pans, because it's just the right size.

The results? Really, really good. Lots of flavor from the garlic. The almonds were crunchy, with a nice seasoning. And the garlic? Both crunchy and caramelized. Wonderful to eat. Matt enjoyed it, a lot.

So, if you're interested, here's my recipe:

Garlic Almond Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 head of garlic, peeled and smashed
1 cup unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
1 cup olive oil (adjust as needed)
Salt and freshly gournd pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, on both sides. Place in baking dish. Toss garlic over chicken, then scatter almond pieces. Pour olive oil over chicken.
Bake about 45 minutes, or until chicken is done.

Yeah, I know...really simple. But really, really tasty!

2 Thoughts for food:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A simple yet delicious recipe, what more could one ask for? :) Personally, I might up the amount of garlic; I just can't get enough of the garlicky aroma.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, absolutely. I *like* garlic, but if you adore it (and Matt does), you could easily add an entire head more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker