Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Are you sick of chiles yet?

.

Day Three: My dishwasher can't keep up...

I really enjoy Mexican food. It does tend to dirty a lot of dishes, though...and my poor little dishwasher is working overtime!

On to the food.

Chicken in Peanut Sauce




Another not-too-terribly laborious dish.

Roasted peanuts, anchos, chipotles in adobo, old bread, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and sugar, in a food processor till smooth.

Chicken, sprinkled with cinnamon and salt, cooked in hot oil about six minutes per side. Remove chicken to plate.

Drain off all but a couple tablespoons of oil, add peanut sauce and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly; about fifteen minutes, until thick.

Add stock, dry red wine and red wine vinegar; stir and simmer.

Add chicken back to pan, over low heat. Cook about twenty-five minutes, turning occasionally.

I served our chicken over some white rice...

When I started on this one, I was worried the sauce would be too hot. When I sniffed the puree, it certainly seemed like it would be a bit on the spicy side.

And then when I added the wine, I was afraid it would have that heavy, wine-y, flavor I dislike so.

But when it all came together? Wonderful. Just wonderful.

The sauce is not hot. Instead, it's smoky...such a fantastic flavor! And it paired so perfectly with the rice. Si sposa.

Matt's take: Mild, but flavorful. Expected spicy, but not disappointed. And it's a miracle he didn't spill any on his (of course) white shirt...

My grade: A+

2 Thoughts for food:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Can you send me this recipe? Or direct me where I can find it? Looks delicious. Trying to plan a Mexican feast for Friday ... I know, a day late...

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Recipe is on it's way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker