Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Dad Cake

.

My original plan was to make a cake for both local dad's; Matt would have one here, and then we'd take one to my father-in-law.
Then reality set in, and I decided to let them share...

Another recipe from Cocolat; Marjolaine.



Four layers of roasted hazelnut and almond meringue, spread with either chocolate, ground roasted almond, or ground hazelnut praline buttercream. Frosted with more chocolate buttercream, with chopped hazelnuts and almonds pressed into the sides.

What can I say? It was a lot of work, but a big hit. Everyone loved it...Alex included ("More cake?", he asked). Optional decorations included zigzags of white or dark chocolate on top, piped rosettes of buttercream down the long sides, and candied hazelnuts.
Sure, in my copious free time...I'll get right on that.

7 Thoughts for food:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

oh ...
I am salivating.. and I just had lunch... I wonder where I can get some chocolate cake from... hmmm

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Whatever you do, don't give in and buy one of those store-made or freezer cakes! You'll just end up regretting it...

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

nooo I would do that.... I managed to fight my urge for chocolate though... and had a coffee instead

I just noticed you linked me! thank you soo much!

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're welcome!

It's the comments from 'new' bloggers (to me, at least) that lead me to new sites; I'm always happy to find both!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Stephanie-who-isn't-me (this really can be confusing, eh?). Only go 'on' if someone else makes it for you though; this is an awful lot of work, and by the time it was finished, you might not even feel like eating it!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Yes, it looks spectacular, but I can understand how much work it would involve. I've realised this recently making a few chocolate birthday cakes. It's my mum's birthday soon, and I've left it to her to decide on a cake, but I kind of hope she doesn't choose anything too conplicated!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I think it's also because I've been making so many fancy things lately, too.

I told Matt the next thing I make is going to be white! Maybe a white chocolate pound cake...hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker