Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Next time? Order in.

.

Monday night's dinner: Roasted Garlic White Pizza with Garlic Sauce.

I love white pizza. And I like roasted garlic.

What I did not like was this recipe...

Lots of work, with 'eh' results.

What we weren't so crazy about was the garlic bechamel sauce, spread over the crust.

Spend twenty minutes dealing with the garlic, make a crust, do everything the recipe says..and 'not bad, but not great' is the verdict.

Emeril, you let me down.

10 Thoughts for food:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Niki said...

I've never seen Emeril, but I've heard so many things about him. He certainly seems to provoke strong opinions. It appears some love him, most loathe him!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Generally, I like him. This recipe was just a bit disappointing. I've had other successes with him, though.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Ana said...

It is frustrating when that happens isn't it? I never saw Emeril either and with all those BAM!s I'm not sure I'd care either.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Wow - I'm surprised - never had a dud with Emeril. The pizza looks gorgeous though -- love the homemade ones.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger ladygoat said...

His personality so annoys me I can't bring myself to even try one of his recipes. But it looks nice.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You know, I truly like Emeril. I often think I'd like to have a sit-down dinner with him, Paula Deen and Alton Brown...that could be fun!

His bam!'s do tend to be on the excessive side, and he certainly mugs for the camera. I can take him in one-hour installments, but I doubt I could survive a block.

What I really enjoy is his Essence of Emeril; a half hour show with just the him, a kitchen and a camera. He's a lot more dialed-back, and the focus is really on the food.

To me, he seems like a fun, and interesting fellow.

Ana, Emeril the chef, as opposed to Emeril the TV star, are two really different people!

Sweetnicks, I was rather surprised myself. And I'm a fan of the 'rustic' pizza, too.

Ladygoat...see above! I generally like his recipes, although I've yet to bring myself to buy his books. I just gauge FoodTV's library.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, it looks really good. I love gahhhlic.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Steph! The roasted garlic was fantastic.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Sam said...

whats a BAM?
did you see Biggle's anti-Emeril post on Meathenge earlier this week? Funny stuff! Well I think Stephanie saw it - not sure about everyone else.
I ate at his Nola's in New Orleans in 1996 and it was sublime.Of course that was before I knew who Emeril was and before I lived in the US.I wouldn't have gone anywhere near it if i'd seen his TV show first.

Stephanie - my sister left a comment for you on the Avoca Bread post. I reckon the cafe went to might have been Poppies. Check it out and see if it jogs your memory.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sam:

"Bam!" is Emeril's catchphrase. He'll toss in some spices and yell "Bam!". It was kind of cute the first couple times, but now...eh.

No, I hand't seen the anti-Emeril post, but I'll be sure to give it a look.

Thank your sister for me! I'll be over soon to read her comment...and I could be completely mistaken, but for some reason Poppies almost sounds right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker