Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Calling All Cooks!

.

About a year ago, I found the wonderful company, Collector's Press. Collector's Press sells all kinds of retro-themed books, and the subjects are varied: Elvgren Girls, the Atomic Home, retro toys, and all about the 'retro housewife', a favorite of mine. And of course, retro-themed cookbooks; of which I have several. Retro Fiesta, Retro Breakfast, Retro Luau, Retro Beach Bash, Retro Happy Hour, and Retro Barbecue.

I've used recipes from all, and have plans for many more.

Many months ago, while reading the Collector's Press newsletter (be sure to sign up, there's good reading in there!), I found a request: a new cookbook was being planned, and home cooks (that's you and me) were being asked to try out the recipes!

By golly, gee, wow.

I signed up, and eventually tested three recipes. I've recently been assigned an additional five, which I hope to start on this weekend.

By doing this, I'm not only helping the publishers determine which recipes make it into the book (how cool is that?), I'll also get credit in the book as a tester. Better yet, based on the number of recipes I'm testing, I'll get a free copy!



And here's where you come in. I've been asked, by The Powers That Be, to recruit my blog readers to help out, as well.

Here's your opportunity to influence an as-yet unpublished cookbook. You can make a difference!

This is what they have to say: "National Recipe Testing Campaign Targets American Classics

A national campaign is now underway soliciting home cooks, professionals, and food writers to take part in testing recipes in their own kitchens for The Good Home Cookbook (Collectors Press, 2006). Participants are asked to test specific recipes from the book, offer comments, questions, and evaluation. Their feedback will be incorporated in the finished book and they will be credited as a contributor. In addition, cooks who test five or more recipes will receive a free copy of the book. More than 1,000 people have already participated in the testing-- the first-ever of its kind! "



To learn more about the project, click here.

If you'd like to be a tester, send an email to recipetester@collectorspress.com

I hope you join us!

4 Thoughts for food:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Ana said...

Thanks for letting us know Sephanie. I've sent them a message. Hpe they don't mind that I'm in Canada.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Ana!

You're quite welcome...

I don't think your location will matter; the books are made in Singapore, so clearly they're very global-minded!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I applied and i was acceted, but only to do 3 recipes... even though I asked for 5!

anyway
ur it! I tagged you too, :)

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I only got three the first time, as well. I made a point of mentioning, as I finished reporting on the final recipe, that I was willing to take on more.

A few weeks later, I got my wish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker