Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Dividing Time

.



Well, it appears the cable here at the house is faulty, so posting pictures will be an issue until we replace it.
Thank you Matt, for getting things to work, at work!

The picture above will be found both here and at the cooking club blog, as I'm sharing my cookbook testing recipes there. But, I also included a Horiatiki Salata with the meal, which belongs here. It's really not as confusing as it sounds...

The salad (basically, a Greek salad) came from the Complete Mediterranean The Beautiful Cookbook, and we're slowly working through it.

We were going to have it the night before...it was prepped and waiting...but found we weren't in the mood for it.

And as Oven Fried Mustard Chicken and baked potatoes did not make a balanced meal, we both felt it'd make a good addition.

Tomatoes, in wedges, chopped cucumber, green peppers, red onion (paper thin slices), olives and Feta. Dressing of red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix dressing ingredients, drizzle over veggies, and allow to sit for an hour.

It was nice...as Matt pointed out, you barely noticed the onion. Good flavor all around, and the vegetables didn't get soggy, even after 24 hours.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

oh that is so sad!

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

It could be a faulty cable, or maybe something else. Matt should know more in the morning...I hope!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I hope you are back to regularily scheduled blogging soon.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you!

Matt's figured out a solution, although it does delay posting a bit. We're hoping a spare cable here at the house will fix things; but one way or another, I'm not going any place!

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too bad! I'll be waiting to see you back in regular blogging action. Hope Matt figures it out soon.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

It may be as simple as using a different cable. If that's the case, no delay. If not, I'll have to get Matt to take the camera to work with him, and put the pictures up when he has time. I'm hoping it's the first!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

i thinki am going to start my recipes tomorrow (for the book) I am excited!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That's wonderful!

I've got another three lined up for the next few days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker