Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Cinnamon Breakfast Ring

.



Another breakfast treat for Matt: a slightly sweet dough, wrapped around a cinnamon sugar mix, then shaped into a ring, sliced in places, and baked. When cooled, drizzle with a powdered sugar icing.

He really liked this, and it was beyond simple to make. It actually took a few minutes less to bake than called for, which explains the darker-than-normal color.





Don't forget to send your Blog Party entries in before next Thursday (18 August)!

8 Thoughts for food:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Yum! That looks sooo good!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Joe!

You know, I really appreciate you checking in every night...

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - that looks fantastic!!!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Jeff!

It certainly made the husband happy...

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks really gorgeous. Bet it tasted great too. :)

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

thanks, Julia!

I don't actually know how it tasted...I didn't try it...!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Niki said...

Does it have yeast in it? It looks like it has yeast in it. I bet if I tried it it wouldn't rise....ah, woe is me.
It looks nicely plump and professional. I'd pay to have a piece of that. Thought probably for a lunchtime snack, not for breakfast...I, weirdly, can't handle a sugar hit in the morning!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes, Niki...there's yeast.

I used to fear the yeast packet, as well. But, over time, yeast and I have become...well, if not friends, at least casual acquaintances.

I'm like you...I don't want sweet in the morning, either. But, Matt likes it (and Alex, too), so it works out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker