Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Miniature Lemon Meringue Tartlets

.



This tiny dessert ended one of the meals I prepared for Grammy during her stay at Chez Stephanie.

Along with a Paper Wrapped Salmon (from Donna Hay), a salad of mixed greens, and wild rice, there were individual lemon tarts. Prepared pie crust, cut to fit a muffin tin, topped with a strongly lemon-flavored custard, and baked till set. Top with meringue and set under the broiler until browned.

Perfect size, and intensely lemon. Served with vanilla ice cream, Grammy loved it...which is appropriate, as all grandmother's seem to love lemon.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Love mini desserts!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Aren't they the best? You can satisfy that sweet craving without over-doing it.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

I just got some little mini tart tins ;)

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Clare...I have a batch, too...I picked up several kinds of mini baking pans a couple of years ago. I don't use them as often as I'd like, but they're good to have around.

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, that looks cute, yummy, and yes, something my granny would like too :-) (well, i would also have a go at it for sure!)

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joey!

My husband has a theory that all grandmother's love lemon.

Granted, his research is limited just to our own grandomther's, but it's a start!

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, but I totally agree that all grandmothers love lemon! I think it's because the tastebuds dull with age, so that tart things taste better, and not too tart, the older you get.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Alice, you may be on to something!

Actually, I'm hoping both you and Matt are wrong...I'm not as crazy about lemon as I could be.

Although (hopefully!), it will be a good 25+ years before I become a Grammy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker