Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Sesame Noodles with Prosciutto

.



From the most recent issue of Food & Wine...the whole issue is dedicated to Asian cuisine.

So while Matt made sushi for me (we seem to have settled on 'sushi Sundays'), I prepared this dish for him.

Chow mein noodles, cooked and tossed with sesame oil. Garlic, rapidly fried. To this add chunky peanut butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, ginger, and baslamic vinegar, forming a thick paste. Add some stock, making a smooth sauce.

Pour sauce over noodles. Add chopped prosciutto and scallion slices; toss till coated. Add some reserved (noodle) cooking liquid, and toss until the sauce is creamy.

Serve in bowls, and garnish with thin slices of cucumber.

6 Thoughts for food:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Joe said...

That looks and sounds awesome! We love just about everything there but havent put it together like that. Will have to try that! I love prosciutto.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Joe...let me know if you need the recipe.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm in love with the current issue of Food & Wine. The dish looks fantastic!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jennifer!

My husband is a huge fan of all Asian cuisines; we're going to be making a lot of dishes from this one.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting sauce, though I wonder which branch of Asian cuisine this dish is taken from.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, the article did say it was Americanized...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker