Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Like the girl said; Great minds think alike.

.



I haven't done much cooking lately, what with the being sick forever, and all.

I'm feeling much better, but I'm still not in the mood to stand in front of the stove for long.

So tonight, Matt made dinner. Yay!

For me, Sweet & Sour (fake) Chicken...Veat bites, red bell peppers, peas, water chestnuts, and cashews, with a sauce modified from Julia's post on sweet & sour fish.

Yummy, and I didn't have to prepare it!



I want to remind everyone that Blog Party #2, Tiki Party, is coming up this Thursday. I've been picking out my recipes...I'm having a hard time narrowing them down to just a few! I love how many options are out there for this event; if the foods and drinks would be at home on a tropical beach, you're good to go.

Remember to get your entries in no later than Thursday night (22 September), and I'll get the round-up posted Saturday!

4 Thoughts for food:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

looks like the real thing. We do call it Kung Po Chicken as well. Or some will say more like Sze Chuan style. Sweet and Spicy.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like what you'd get from the restaurant. Matt sure is a real good cook. :) Glad to know you're feeling much better!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, foodcrazee!

I'll give the Veat credit; it really does manage to look like chicken.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Julia!

I leave certain dishes in Matt's quite capable hands...I let him make the sushi (not that I can't, but it's nice to have someone else do it!), stir-fry, fried rice, and gravy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker