Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My Quest for the Perfect Fried Chicken---Take 2

.



So, still searching for the best fried chicken recipe.

Take two involved an Italian fried chicken, Pollo Fritto. Chicken breasts, rubbed with ground pepper and kosher salt, and left sitting at room temperature for at least an hour.

Dip the chicken, cut into pieces, first into a seasoned flour, then beaten eggs. Fry in a deep pot of oil, along with springs of thyme and rosemary,and smashed garlic.

Comparing it to the previous recipe, this was pretty good. Matt's came out a tad salty, but mine was perfectly flavored. The coating was nice, but still not what I'm looking for...that crispy, crunchy coating.

So, one more recipe from the "Tyler's Ultimate" episode, then on to all your suggestions and recommendations!



And don't forget---Blog Party #2, Tiki Party, is coming soon!

12 Thoughts for food:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Can't wait to read your next installment for fried chicken - I just bake mine, so it is not near the same! I have not used a deep fryer in so long!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm trying not to make them to close together; Matt can get pretty sick of chicken!

We don't fry too often, but I do love the crispy crunch!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Yep I know what you mean!

When I get the hankering I either go out for indonesian ;) or I bread and bake mine in the oven :)

this looks nice though :)

oh... can you knit?

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Clare...I know the right recipe is out there; I just have to find it!

Knit? No, can't say I do, although both of my kid sisters have picked it up as a hobby. Why do you ask?

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Randi said...

is that macaroni salad? I love good mac salad, here people always put tuna in theirs. Icky poo.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Actually Randi, it's pasta in a light (ha!) cream sauce.

I can't imagine putting turkey in pasta salad!? That's kind of...unusual.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I used to fry chicken I'd add another step: dredge in seasoned flour, then egg, then back in the flour. It was pretty crunchy.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, cj!

That's just one more to add to the list...

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use this Martha Stewart recipe - baking powder in the flour makes for crispy skin due to some sort of air to hot oil chemical breakdown (eeks) I think its the soaking in buttermilk and tabisco sauce that is key. Everyone that eats it begs me to make it all the time - I just find it a time consuming process and only make it a few times a year - but it is good :)

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe1510
oops there is the link!

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh it didn't work - just google martha stewart perfect fried chicken

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Janusthemuppet! Love your name...she's one of my favorites.

I'll check her site, and see if I can find it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker