Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

"You can't call it cheating, she reminds me of you"...a Breakfast Pizza

.



(Bonus points if you can name that song!)

Monday's dinner was a 'cheat' meal.

I so rarely prepare meals using store-bought goods, but (believe it or no) this recipe came from Vegetarian Times!

Refrigerated crescent rolls for the crust, topped with vegetarian 'sausage' patties (I used Morningstar Farms), thawed hash browns, shredded cheddar cheese, with an egg, milk, crushed red pepper flakes, and sage mixture poured on top.

Bake till crust is golden.

I had to make mine in a rectangular casserole dish, as we don't have round pizza pans.

I'll say upfront that I'm not a big fan of sage (and how ironic: our biggest and healthiest plant in the entire garden this year? Sage. It's probably four feet tall.), but this wasn't half-bad.

The crust was perfect, and I absolutely loved the creamy, biscuit gravy-like top.

Really simple to make...I might keep this recipe around.






And don't forget---Blog Party #2, Tiki Party, is just one week away! Be sure to get your info in by next Thursday, 22 September. You can leave a link in the comments, or email me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com

8 Thoughts for food:

At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about trying to avoid recipes with too many pre-made ingredients. That recipe sounds pretty good, though!

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Exactly, Beth!

I don't even keep things like that on hand (boxes of Annie's mac and cheese for Alex are about it), but this recipe looked good.

And it really, really was!

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is Cheatin' by Gin Blossoms.

So, did I get it right?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

Good job, Julia.

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

So do I get some of that delish-looking breakfast pizza for my prize?

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

With our most recent shipping issues, I don't think I can get it to you!

How about the recipe in your inbox??

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Hi Stephanie - it sounds yummy! The biggest, healthiest (and onliest!) plant in my garden this year is also sage. I completely neglected my garden this year (well except for picking the blueberries), so all I had were the things that came back - mint and sage, and the mint is looking a mite scraggly about now...

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cathy...we weren't very good to our garden this year, either. Things grew, we ignored them.

Weeds were a problem, too.

We promised (the garden) to better next year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker