Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Not wounded, sir; but dead.

.



I know...I've been more-or-less MIA lately. I felt kind of crappy over the weekend, with no interest in cooking at all.

And now, Alex has come down with a cold. Translation? I'll be sick in just a few days, and no one likes to cook or bake when ill. I'll do my best to whip up a few things in the next 24 hours (thank goodness I already made my Blog Party goodies); I refuse to miss SHF this weekend! I love dark chocolate, and already have all my ingredients.

Anyway, if you don't see much activity here, don't worry. I'm probably on the couch, trying to catch a few zzzz's while Alex breathes through his mouth and watches the Backyardigans.


And don't forget:


Just a reminder... Blog Party is just two days away! Time to serve up all those pre-game goodies.

As I write this, I'm listening to the Pittsburgh Steelers game (stupid Titans are on the television, so it's 'thank you, NFL Audio' for me); how appropriate! The family is looking forward to hearty, yet bite-sized treats.
I've picked out my recipes, and shopped for the ingredients. And I can't wait to see what you bring!

Send your Big Game Night entries to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, or you can leave a link here in the comments. The deadline is Thursday (officially), but I think you know I'll accept submissions as late as noon Saturday. But no later, please! We're off to the the-ater Saturday night, so I hope to get the round-up put together before I leave. I hope.

For a refresher on what to 'bring', please check out the original post.

As always, I'll include decorating ideas, as well as music selections (this ought to be good), so I hope to see you at the Party!

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Nupur said...

Hope you feel better soon, Stephanie! Here in the north-east its been so gloomy and gray for days...wonder if its the same where you are.
I'm sure the blog party will put back the spring in your step!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Nupur!

I'm over-dosing on Zicam, and hoping I don't get too sick. We're supposed to see the Trojan Women Saturday!

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey stephanie,
i hope you're feeling better, and that you don't get sick. was it just the blahs? i get that too.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey there!

Yeah, it was a bit of 'blah', plus I'm just not getting enough sleep.

And Alex has a serious cold; poor kid can barely breathe! And I know I'm next in line...

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get your groove back soon, Stephanie! Try to relax, get more shut-eye, and hopefully you'll be able to fight off Alex's cold. I hope he gets well soon. :)

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Julia!

I did get a decent amount of sleep last night, which surely helps. Just hope more sleep and a lot of OTC make things better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker