Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Stars in her eyes

.

When I Matt and I saw Batman Begins in the theater, we of course sat through the fifteen-or so minutes of previews. One of the trailers was for the much-buzzed about Cameron Crowe flick, Elizabethtown. During which I leaned the inch and a half towards Matt and very quietly whispered (because I'm a good movie-goer) "that's Paula Deen!".

He wasn't so sure, and by the end of the movie, I was beginning to doubt it, myself.

It was late showing, so the next morning I checked IMDB.com; but saw no sign of Paula in the cast list. I did see Kathy Bates' name, though...and thought 'well, I suppose with the right wig/hair and makeup, she could look Paula-esque". (I can no longer find her name on the main cast page though...perhaps I was still waking up and imagined it?)

Then a week ago, I learned that Paula was, indeed, cast in Elizabethtown! She's playing Aunt Dora.

How about that?

4 Thoughts for food:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Joe said...

They had a big show on FoodTV about it - "Paula goes to Hollywood!"

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That's how I found out I wasn't crazy...ok, about that,anyway; I get the FoodNetwork newsletter, and there was a promo for it.

Vindication!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger S said...

Don't you love the IMDB! It's solved many arguments around here!
I did the same thing when watching War of the Worlds.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You aren't kidding...I'm on that site at least once a day, I swear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker