Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Clean Out the Fridge Dinner

.



I had plans for dinner. I really did.

The chicken and Veat were defrosted, my recipe was clipped to my metal cupboards.

But I was tired. And I had a headache. Matt offered to make the planned dish, but I pointed out it would take hours to prep and bake.

"So, is there anything you want me to make for you?", he asked.

I suggested pizza. Thank you, Papa John's.

And clearly, Sunday wasn't much of a 'woo-hoo! let's cook!' night, either.

Filed under 'hey; what's kicking around in the cheese drawer?': a Five-Cheese Baked Pasta.

Using Gorgonzola, Mozarella, Parmesan, Gruyere and Monterey Jack, all mixed together. Using Nigel Slater's recipe as a reference. Good stuff, not too heavy.

And the bread? Left-over Papa John's garlic butter (I always save the tubs), on store-bought baguettes. Talk about a make-do meal!

No big. And less stuff in the cheese drawer!



Don't forget; Blog Party#4: The Gang's All Here: The Holiday Edition is coming soon! There's no such thing as a too early submission! Entries can be left in link format here, in the comments, or you may email them to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.
Hope to see you there!

2 Thoughts for food:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Kai said...

Question? Is blog party #4 going to be the Christmas party? I already have something, but I don't want to serve everything now and get left with nothing when the party for December comes. ;-)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Kai...no, it's not really a Christmas party, but more of a busy/holiday/everyone's around kind of thing.

It's entirely possible I won't even do a Christmas theme, to avoid appetizer burn-out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker