Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Satay For Two

.



Tuesday's dinner, which was supposed to be Monday's, (are you still with me?) a quick and easy Beef (and Fake Beef) Satay.

Strips of beef (or Morningstar Farms Meal Starters) marinated in brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger, then quickly cooked in the oven. Served with sauce.

Not bad. As Matt said, it may not be purely authentic, but if we were somewhere on the Malay Peninsula, we probably wouldn't have gotten kicked off.



To go with, we served a big bowl of rice, and Breaded and Fried Tofu.

Chunks of tofu dreged in flour, egg and then panko, and fried till golden. Very nice. And quite filling!

Simple meal, and once the beef (and fake beef) had marinated, and the tofu was pressed? Came together in fifteen or twenty minutes.


Tagged with
, , , ,

2 Thoughts for food:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Laura said...

that tofu looks awesome.... I could use some for breakfast! (maybe with a runny fried egg)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Laura, it was really good. And really easy to make!

And panko is definitely the way to go...you get that extra 'crunch' in every bite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker