Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Retro Breakfast: Gingerbread

.



Another another recipe from this book, a nice, old-fashioned, Gingerbread cake.

Flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger and salt mixed together, with a bit of shortening cut in till crumbly. Set some aside, and to the rest mix in egg, molasses, baking soda and buttermilk. Pour into a pan. Cut butter into reserved crumbs, sprinkle over batter, and bake till done.

Nice, light, gingerbread flavor. Good dense cake, perfect for breakfast...or a snack!


Tagged with: , , , , ,

6 Thoughts for food:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I just made chocolate gingerbread from my Nigella Lawson's Feast cookbook and oh, is it yummy!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Mmmmm...sounds good.

Hey! I have that book, too!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Mmmm, that looks so good! I love a gingergread that isn't too molasses-y!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Becky.

It really wasn't too heavy on the molasses...I think the buttermilk cut into it, but it sure smelled good!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a recipient of that yummy gingerbread I assure you it isn't "too" anything at all - the flavors blend really smoothly, and the smell is AMAZING when you heat it up a little!

Thanks again for my wonderful BBM box!!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Dani, I'm so happy you liked it! I worried that, with the late arrival, it might not be as tasty when you got it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker