Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Retro Dessert: Frosted Fudge Wafers and Hot Chocolate

.



I finally got my Blogging By Mail package mailed off Saturday morning, and inside I included these yummy bar cookies, Frosted Fudge Wafers.

A recipe from this book, a thin, brownie-like base, with a fudgy frosting topped with chopped nuts (I picked walnuts).

They went very well with the Hot Chocolate I made; equal parts half-and-half and milk, equal parts bittersweet and semi-sweet chocolate, a bit of sugar, vanilla and a pinch of instant coffee granules to bring out the real chocolate flavor.

Very chocolate-y experience, with a balanced sweetness. And a great way to end a meal.


Tagged with
, , , , ,

2 Thoughts for food:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

I love the retro recipes. Have you by any chance visited this site?

http://lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html

(Warning: shows the funnier side of retro-recipes:))

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hello, Gigolo Kitty! I've visited your blog before...it's wonderful.

I have, in fact, been to the regretable food site...you should check out Retro Food Fiascsos; it's pretty funny, too!

Thanks for stopping by...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker