Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Retro Dinner: Chateaubriand with Bearnaise Sauce, Herbed Roasted Potatoes, and Popovers

.



Saturday night, another retro meal for Matt. Once again using this book (and wow...am I getting my mom's money's worth), I served up organic beef tenderloin, cooked the way Matt likes it (rare), with a rich, creamy, sauce. Matt said it was a nice accent for the steak, although given the quality of the meat, almost not necessary.



To go with, red-skinned potatoes which were quartered, tossed with melted butter and thyme, rosemary and oregano. They were roasted at a high temperature till soft and almost sweet...just perfect.

And because Matt loves them, and it seemed the perfect accompaniment to the steak, I made popovers from a 1955 Gold Medal Jubilee recipe booklet. They puffed up beautifully, were crunchy on the outside and a delicate web of layers inside; soft and chewy. Yum.




Tagged with
, , , , , ,

1 Thoughts for food:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi amateur!

It really is. If you send a quick email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, I'd be happy to give it to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker