Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Love My Love with a 'V'...

.



We all think we snagged the best boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/fill-in-the-blank/whatever.

A bottle of something not water and an evening of 'ex' recollections usually cements our belief.

But I know I married a good one.

See, every once in a while he'll do something, just to mess with my head, to prove that he does listen. Sometimes.

During the Christmas holidays, I said what I really wanted for as a gift was a big bag of vanilla beans.

Guess what I got for Valentine's Day???!

Oh, heaven help me, do they smell divine!

I'm making all sorts of plans for them, but right now? I'm just enjoying that gorgeous aroma...



He also picked up a box of these, mainly because the woman on the box looks a lot like my icon.

Filled with little red 'devil' heads; these hot, cinnamon, candies are a lot like those red coins you find in candy shops. Not made of gelatin, and not gummy so much as chewy. Yum.







Blog Party#7 is coming up, and this month? It's all about Red and Hot! Your cocktail and appetizer entries are due tomorrow, 16 February...send them to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, or leave a link in the comment section. Get planning, and hope to see you at the party!


Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,

10 Thoughts for food:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi stephanie,
see if my guess is correct.
McKandy candies! These have got icon same like yours.

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...what a nice present...you are very lucky, indeed!

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh...now that is a gift I would get excited about!
Emily
http://madmommychronicles.typepad.com/biscuits_and_blues

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

Wow, that's a lot of vanilla beans!! Start putting a bean or two in your white sugar and store, your powdered sugar and store...gee, with that many beans you can make your own vanilla extract with some good congnac or bourbon and still have some leftover! I bet your whole kitchen smells heavenly!!! Do you know where they're from? Mexican, Tahitian or Madagaskaran amazingly have different flavors.

What a good hub.

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

hi Ramya!

It's actually from a company called "Gallerie"...but I think I'll check out that McKandy company; I do love my icon!

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Alice!

Isn't it great? There's 31 Madagascan vanilla beans there...I'm beyond happy. Think of all the goodies I can make!

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Emily...it may not be on every Top Ten list, but a bag of gorgeous vanilla beans? It's my kind of gift!

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hiya, Rosa!

You know, I get a ton of traffic from your site...not sure why?!

I already have a jar of vanilla sugar on my cupboard, but I'm getting a big bottle of booze, and making my own extract. And making cheesecake. And ice cream. And vanilla bean sugar cookies. And...well, you get the idea!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

Well, I just added you to my fav list......smile. I love your blog!!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Rosa...thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker