Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Salmon Niçoise Sandwiches

.



A take on the Pan Bagnat; using grilled salmon in lieu of chicken.

Thinly sliced cucumbers, yellow bell peppers, celery, scallions and olives, tossed with olive oil and lemon juice. Add grape tomatoes, hard-cooked egg slices, and basil, put into hollowed-out baguettes. Top with salmon (we used Morningstar Farms' TuNo for mine), and let sit about 20 minutes for a most excellent flavor.

We really liked this simple, healthy, sandwich. Although we both agreed the experience could have been improved by a bag of Kettle chips!




Tagged with: , , ,

2 Thoughts for food:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Randi said...

I made a big tuna nicoise salad a couple weeks ago. What is that tuNO made from? I read a lot of comments on the vegan lunchbox website that ppl couldnt stand it.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Randi; I can't remember! Matt threw the can out, so I can't even check the label. (Ok, it may be in the recycle bin, but by now, the label's been torn off)

I assume it's made from TVP, but that's just a guess, really.

I like it. To me, it is perhaps a bit more like chicken then tuna, but eitiher way, it makes for a good fill-in-the-blank sandwich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker