Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, April 10, 2006

At Least Someone's Cooking

.



I still haven't gotten back into the kitchen. Now that Matt, Alex and I are more-or-less recovered, we've thrown ourselves into some home improvement projects we've neglected.

My Mom, step-dad, and 'baby' sister are coming for an overnight visit next month, so we knew we had to get to these projects soon.

Our schedule was fast-tracked a bit when the lovely (and traveling across the US) Zarah accepted our invitation to stay at our house for a couple days.

We were very excited, but then we looked around the house and realized we had our work cut out for us!

So, cooking has fallen on my list of priorities, at least for a few days. Friday night, we ordered pizza, and it kept us going all weekend!

Sunday, we had some major projects to tackle, the kind Alex really needs to be elsewhere for. Matt's parents borrowed him for the afternoon, and when they brought him back, my father-in-law also handed over a container of homemade pasta: beautiful little shapes of dough, with basil leaves embedded in each.



I knew this would be perfect for Matt. Cooked just a few minutes, and served in a light tomato broth, it made for a perfect, light, dinner.



I swear I'm going to make dinner tonight...I just don't know what (yet)!


Blog Party#9 has been announced, and for the month of April, we're turning our favorite desserts into bite-sized treats! Create sweet appetizers and drinks (non-alcoholic would be just fine), and get your entries to me no later than 20 April. You can leave a link here in the comments, or send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com; and I hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not alot of cooking going on here either.Too busy.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily...and I hate when that happens. Suddenly, you realize you haven't cooked a real meal in four or five days, and it feels so strange!

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Stephanie, if painting's involved, I'd be more than happy to help - I just finished our bedroom before we left, so I've got my groove on! (which means we're also more than used to paint buckets etc. lying around, so don't worry about it - we don't want you all worked out when we come over!:-))

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Zarah, no!

These were things we were planning to do, no matter what. We just thought it'd be nice to have done before you arrived.

And I promise all paint cans (and fumes, hopefully...) will be gone by the time you get here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker