Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Dinner Round-up

.



Ok...Easter dinner.

The weather here is quickly turning into that 'dear god; it's so humid I'm never leaving my air conditioned home again', so I wanted to offer a light, yet filling, dinner.

We shared the meal with Matt's parents, as well as some 'special guests' (more on that later), and I think it all came together.

Beginning with the photo above, we had Spring Asparagus with Melted Brie, Balsamic and Olive Oil; a recipe from the restaurant Spring, in Chicago.

The tender asparagus with the Brie was just fantastic...




A disturbingly simple Spring Green Salad, from Tyler Florence.



Another light dish, the fresh Pecan Barley Salad. I rather liked it, and I saw people taking seconds...which always makes me happy.



Matt's mom and dad really like Cornish game hens. When I saw a recipe for Lavender & Lemon Cornish Hens on Lyn's blog, I grabbed it, hoping I'd find a good reason to try it out. Easter seemed like the perfect excuse.

And when it was time to clear the table, all that was left were the carcasses of five tiny birds...thanks, Lyn!

I also made Aigo Boudio, or Herb and Garlic Broth, with New Potatoes, The recipe came from Vegetable Soups from Deborah Madison's Kitchen. But in all the commotion, we didn't get a photo. It happens.



Easter Sunday also coincided with my mother-in-law's birthday, so for the dessert I made her favorite chocolate cake, with a true-to-it's-name Quick Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, and chocolate decorations. She loved it.

So, there you have it. My extreme schedule has finally ended, so both cooking and posting should be back to normal now.

For those waiting for the EoMEoTE round-up, a little patience, please! I should have it up in a couple of days.



Blog Party#9 is this weekend! This month , we're turning our favorite desserts into bite-sized treats! Create sweet appetizers and drinks (non-alcoholic would be just fine), and get your entries to me no later than this Thursday, 20 April. You can leave a link here in the comments, or send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com; and I hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + + + + +

10 Thoughts for food:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Wow what a feast! We are travelling so it was nothing special at all here (not much open...)

Can't wait to hear more about it!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

Can't wait to hear what everything is! Looks good!

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Aren't you the fancy girl?!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Joe!

Ugh...traveling on a holiday? Not fun!

I hope you at least ended up somewhere good!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Rosa...your wish is my...something or other!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, yeah...that's me. Super fancy!

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all looks so great!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Emily!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

Just like me to go straight to the dessert. That cake looks so good and I love the simpleness of the icing. Will try it. I have yet to find that right buttercream! Perhaps this is the one!! (PS Everything else looks good too, of course.)

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Rosa...desserts are eye-catching, so how can you help yourself?

The cake is a true winner; everyone who's tried it loves it. And I thought the frosting was brilliant; super-easy and very tasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker