Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Worth the Repeat

.



Matt insisted we'd make this before; it wasn't until I actually took a bite that I had that 'oh, yeah...I remember this! moment.

Apparently, we have made these Nigel Slater Steak Sandwiches.

But with a sandwich this good, we didn't mind the repeat.

For the garlic/butter/parsley paste, Matt just used a garlic paste because...why put yourself through all the work of mashing garlic into a paste, when you can buy it pre-mashed?

As for my dairy moratorium, Matt had the brilliant idea of using some of those tubs of garlic 'butter' we get from Papa John's (and I just can't seem the throw out); as he pointed out, those tubs contain nothing at all like butter!

Add some lemon juice and Dijon mustard, spread it over a ciabbata roll, and top with just-cooked steak (or Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Steak Strips).

Another disturbingly simple meal, and definitely worth a second go-round. And just the thing for watching a mini-block of Justice League, Season 2 (the DVD's came Monday)!





Tagged with: + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

um.... YUM!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Matt really likes this, and even my fake-beef version was pretty tasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker