Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Carnivores Only: Herb-Crusted Leg of Lamb

.



Clearly, not a dish I had anything to do with. I'll prepare many meat-based meals for Matt, but I really don't like dealing with lamb.

Images of little ones, frolicking in a meadow...yeah, I don't think so.

But, he likes it. So, I find him recipes.

This one was terribly easy: Herb-Crusted Leg of Lamb.

Fresh, chopped, herbs (many from the garden) on both the inside and outside of the lamb, tied up and roasted (with varying temperatures) for about an hour.

Sous chef Alex helped with the non-meat parts.





Stock is reduced, then flavored with crushed fennel seeds and pan drippings, and served with the lamb.

Matt loved this. Pointing out that it wasn't even a very good cut of meat, he had seconds. And the left-over's on a sandwich the next day.





Don't forget: This is absolutely, positively the last day to sign up for Blogging by Mail; be sure to get all your information to me by midnight tonight!!
Currently, there are 79 81 82 85 87 bloggers signed up...I'm really hoping for a nice fat, round number like 90!





Tagged with: + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger FH said...

Hi Stephanie, Asha here. Guess what??!!
I am freeeeee!!!..LOL..

Kids left for school and won't see them until 5pm. Yippee!!

Well...back to my work.THAT doesn't take a break!! :)
Bye for now..Have a nice day!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Asha...hooray!

I know the feeling; of course, the time will slip away, and you'll relized you haven't actually accomplished anything...but it's still nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker