Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Into Every Kitchen, A Little Mess Must Fall

.



Multi-purpose baking: I made a Key lime tart, both to belatedly give my father-in-law a birthday dessert, and to do something with all those limes.

Super-easy crust (the recipe is from Donna Hay's Flavors); perhaps the best-looking crust I've made in some time.

I was so proud, I took a picture.

The juice of 28 Key limes, sugar, eggs and cream, mixed together, and poured into the already blind-baked crust.

Uh-oh.

I have more filling than tart pan.

Big mess.

My solution: slide a rim-less baking sheet under the pan, to get it back into the oven.

Good plan, in theory.



I decided the best thing to do was to leave the room, and let the dogs clean up...




Blog Party#13 is coming, and this month, we're turning off the heat and preparing cool appetizers and drinks!

Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 17 August...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 19th, and I hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,
Talk about ruining your day!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kevin, more like my night!

Thank heavens, this happened around nine at night, so I only felt lousy for a few hours.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a major bummer.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Peabody!

Well, it was kind of the proverbial 'last straw' for me; I knew it was time to Step Away From The Kitchen.

I just made another one, with no mishaps, so all's right with the world again.

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only when it's happened to you can you believe a story like that. So there was another? but no picture...glad lousy only lasted a short time.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tanna, there is a picture of the 'good' one; I'll have it up soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker