Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Birthday Gifts

.



I've been wanting Fleur de Sel for some time, but we just could not find it anywhere around here.

Matt finally found an on-line salt-seller (not a salt cellar, though I'm sure they sold those, too), and me? Well, I'm going to have to start making chocolates!




Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't be able to fit an enrober into my house. Unless I built that addition...

Until that day comes, this chocolate fountain should work just fine for coating goodies with chocolate!

Good grief; you know you're a foodie when you think a bag of salt is a great gift!!

And of course, I was able to take these clear, non-halo-ed, photos with my very nice, new, camera.

Thanks, honey...




Blog Party#14 is this Saturday, so you only have a few more days to get those entries in! This month, it's all about the kids, which means fun, cute, dainty, gross, wacky and whimsical...your appetizers and drinks are for the little ones. Post your dishes no later than THIS Thursday, 21 September...Early is always good...And get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 23rd, and I hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,
Happy B'day! And yes, I think salt is an excellent birthday gift.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kevin;

If it were a tin of Morton's, I may not have gotten so excited. But this stuff?

Yippee!!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm all about the salt. And fancy chocolate (to bake with). And dried fruits. And expensive spices.

You're SUPPOSED to get what you really WANT on your birthday afterall, right?!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Abby!

I think it works out that Matt knows me well enough to give me things I really want, as opposed to the somewhat random gifts we sometimes get!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker