Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bowls of Chocolate

.



Bread Bowls of Black Bean and Chocolate Chili, that is.

Using a bread bowl recipe from King Arthur Flour, and the Black Bean and Chocolate Chili recipe from one of my Moosewood cookbooks.



All kinds of yummy stuff in this one, including bittersweet chocolate.



Including a little pepper 'heart'!



Isn't it cute?




The bowls, which didn't get as tall as I'd hoped, were fantastic. Wonderful crust, and the filling, which allegedly can be used for bread crumbs, were so darn good, they didn't make it more than an hour past dinner. Yum.





Blog Party#14 is this Saturday, so you only have a few more days to get those entries in! This month, it's all about the kids, which means fun, cute, dainty, gross, wacky and whimsical...your appetizers and drinks are for the little ones. Post your dishes no later than THIS Thursday, 21 September...Early is always good...And get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 23rd, and I hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I've been craving chili for MONTHS. But I can't stand to eat anything hot like it when it's still hot outside! I can't wait for the weather to cool down. My husband, the bread FANATIC, would love chili in a bread bowl. Thanks for the suggestion!

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made the bread bowl from scratch? Wow.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Abby;

It's been cool...for this part of the country. Not cold, but cooler than it has been.

Hope he likes it!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emigre;

Yes, but it really wasn't that big a deal...you could do it, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker