Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Cinnamon Sugar Waffles

.



Personally, I think this recipe is a bit too much work for first-thing in the morning.

But then, I'm not Martha Stewart. Expectations are considerably lower.

Cinnamon Sugar Waffles

Flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and the baking duo, mixed with yolks and buttermilk and melted butter, then whipped egg whites, all together now.

Poured into a buttered waffle iron, and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.

The waffles took longer to cook than recommended, but we could just have a really lousy iron.

No syrup needed; the cinnamon-sugar gave a nice crunch and flavor.

I just might wait for a non-school day to make them again!





Blog Party#14 is here, and this month we're having a Kid's Party! Fun, cute, dainty, gross, wacky and whimsical...your appetizers and drinks are for the little ones. Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 21 September...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 23rd, and I hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum - sounds good! did the recipe disappear or is it my browser acting up?

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oops! My bad. I forgot to put the link in the post...it was just too early for me!

All fixed now.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for waffles. I think maybe I will have breakfast for dinner.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Peabody;

Breakfast for dinner is a favorite of mine...any restaurant that offers breakfast foods all day is a winner in my book!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger ilingc said...

ooohh i love waffles. but i dont have a waffle maker :( probably wont be the same if i tried it on a pan.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hmmm...probably not. But they're fairly inexpensive-we think our iron is a very smart investment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker