Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Peanut Butter Bread

.



Just in time for a school-day breakfast, the recently ordered Tate's Bake Shop Cookbook: The Best Recipes From Southampton's Favorite Bakery For Home-style Cookies, Cakes, Pies, Muffins, And Breads cookbook arrived.

I'm not exactly doing cartwheels of joy after reading through the recipes; they're a bit too 'standard' for my tastes.

But as read them off to Matt, he perked up at the mention of Peanut Butter Bread.

A very dense batter; butter and sugars (white and dark brown) creamed, peanut butter, an egg, vanilla, flour and baking powder (rather a lot, I thought), salt, and finally, milk.

Bake almost an hour.

Matt says: "A bit like a peanut butter cookie in bread form. Sweet and peanut-buttery, but with a lighter texture than a cookie."


Alex had his plain, but I spread Matt's with a chocolate-peanut butter ice cream topping I'd bought at Earth Fare.

Hey, it's his breakfast.




This is the FINAL day to get your Blog Party#14 entries to me! I know you can do it...you're creative, and still love to play with your food, So, make something for the kids: fun, cute, dainty, gross, wacky and whimsical...your appetizers and drinks are for the little ones. Post your dishes no later than TODAY Thursday, 21 September...get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 23rd, and I hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger barbie2be said...

that peanut butter bread sounds like it would be great toasted with nutella spread on it! :) YUM!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Seriously, that was my first choice, but I thought I'd stick with the pb theme. But c'mon; Nutella rocks!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

could you send me the recipe for the peanut butter bread? i think i want to try it this weekend. :)

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sure...I'll send it with the cookies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker