Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Best Fried Chicken in The US of A

.



(The opinions expressed in the recipe are from the author, and not necessarily those of the Happy Sorceress or her editing staff)

From Collector's Press Retro Diner, a very good fried chicken recipe, although I hesitate to call it 'the best'.

Chicken dipped in egg/milk, then a mix of corn meal, flour, lots of salt (too much?), and paprika, back in the egg, and fried.

Nice, crunchy coating, tender chicken (or Veat) inside.

Also included, a recipe for a peach dipping sauce, which we so weren't going to make. Matt had his with some of the chutney Gigha had sent, and it worked rather well.






Blogging by Mail, the Holiday Edition, is going on now! Sign-ups will be open until midnight, tonight!.









Blog Party#16 is coming, and this month, we're turning our favorite take-out foods into cocktail party fare! Browse those take-out menus, and get your entries to me no later than TONIGHT, by leaving a link here in the comments, or firing off an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. Tell a friend, and hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I had to miss this round...just to sick.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Peabody, you have both my understanding and sympathy: before I discoverd the miracle of Sambucol, I was sick constantly.

Since I've been taking it...and despite Alex's determination to bring home each and every virus and cold germ from school...I've not been sick once in two months.

Rest up, and hopefully we'll see you for December's party!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker