Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Home Cooked & Hand-Made

.



For Christmas, my sister-in-law gave us the cookbook Noodle Fusion. Even a simple peruse showed promise; I picked the Ginger Noodles for the test run.

Red onion and ginger and garlic, stir fried, added to soaked and drained noodles, mixed with a flavored sauce and mung bean sprouts, topped with scallions.



I show two photos of the noodles because, in addition to the book, my SIL also sent along two settings of these gorgeous bowls


and these plates. Which she made!

Aren't they beautiful? The pictures don't capture the color properly, but they wonderful.

To go with the noodles, I marinated a chicken breast in lots of lime juice, soy sauce, mirin, and lemongrass for several hours, then grilled it on the stove. According to Matt, very lime-y. In a non-Anglo way.





This month, we're keeping things Black & White.

Our canapes, our drinks; everything in Black & White.

The party is Saturday, 20 January; please 'RSVP' by Thursday, 18 January, with your entries. (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)

For more information about Blog Party, please visit the 'help' page here.

Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black & White is sure a challenging theme!

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger ilingc said...

Stephanie, that looks delicious. What sort of noodles did you use? It looks like egg noodles but they kinda look a bit translucent as well.. unless I am mistaken or my eyes are playing tricks on me?

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tanna, a bit; but I think it's a chance to get creative, too!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, I Ling!

They were bean thread (cellophane) noodles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker