Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Not the Best, and Late at That

.



I'd had every intention of joining Kevin's Mac & Cheese-off last week, but as usual...the best laid plans, and all.

We did get around to making our own cheesy pasta (as Alex refers to it); using a recipe from the Tribune (which I cannot find now, of course); it purported to be the Best Mac and Cheese of All, or some such silly thing.

It used Gruyere and cheddar, and an ungodly amount of milk. Panko crumbs on top. Sounded wonderful.


Well, it was...alright. Ok.

For all the time involved, and despite the lovely ingredients, it was simply...'eh'.

Nothing at all wrong with it. There just wasn't anything special about it.

No strong flavors, nothing to grab you, smack you in the face and make you say 'wow'.

We ate it, sure. But we won't be making it again.





This month, we're keeping things Black & White.

Our canapes, our drinks; everything in Black & White.

The party is Saturday, 20 January; please 'RSVP' by Thursday, 18 January, with your entries. (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)

For more information about Blog Party, please visit the 'help' page here.

Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's there and the whole world knows, how I am enjoying it. Thanks and big hugs.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

OH, hooray!

I'm so glad you like them; hope you find some good recipes!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

I too had lofty visions of producing an excellent mac and cheese for the mac and cheese off... I made some today but figured I was far too late so I just ate it myself.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,
And I only now got around to reading about it. And yeah, I like food that smacks me in the mouth.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn...I can't count how often that's happened to me!

I see an event I want to join, I plan, and then...? Stuff happens.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That's, ok, Kevin...the recipe looked good on paper, but wasn't anything to brag about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker