Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Sweet-Bearing Gifts

.



Maybe it's just me, but as I get older, Monday mornings get harder to deal with. Especially as I'm now waking up earlier than I'm used to, to make breakfast and pack lunches.




And despite not being a sweets-for-breakfast kind of person, these sticky rolls can ease the pain!

This is yet another recipe from the Williams-Sonoma book, Baking. I've made four now (I think), and I've been quite pleased with the results.

While Matt would have like a more gooey filling...and just plain more of it...I thought the rolls were perfect. Tender, just sweet enough (without going into the overkill that turns me off breakfast pastry), with that perfect caramelization.

Put it this way: I ate a few!!




Tagged with: + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have eaten a few too. I think Monday's and I would get along better with a breakfast like that!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Sounds like I should start getting up earlier to make some of these too...

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kristen...forget Monday's, how about mornings in general??!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn...or...you could do what I do, and make them the night before!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker