Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Apples? We don't need no stinkin' apples!

.



Forget the shiny red apple as a teacher gift.

For Alex's preschool teacher's birthday, we gave cake.

I call it 'The Turtle Cake', for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Two (square) layers of a seriously dense chocohlate cake, smothered in dulce de leche and chopped pecans, and then finished off with a heavy drizzle of dark chocolate.

Happy birthday, indeed.

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Thoughts for food:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Peabody said...

Lucky teacher.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

All teachers should be treated so nicely!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger m3rni3 said...

yeah .. i couldnt agree with u more brilynn.

last year for teachers day .. i too made homemade stuff for my daughter's teachers .. double choc cookies .. :-)

they deserve it!

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...that almost makes it worth being a teacher! Looks incredible!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

are you trying to give me a heart attack? oh my gosh that looks seriously delicious and dangerous.

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get the dulce de leche? Did you make it yourself?

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes, I made it myself. We always keep a can or two of sweetened condensed milk around for just that reason. It's so easy to do!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Peabody! I heard the cake didn't make it out of the building...

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Brilynn, I'm with you there. Teaching is a tough job...#1 Teacher mugs aren't going to cut it!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Murnie!

Well, it's Alex's first year...I have plenty more opportunities to spoil teachers in my future.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kristen...I'd offer to send one, but I'm not sure how well it would travel!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Barbie...and no! Please keep the heart beating normally. I can't have your cardiac health on my hands!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hee...thanks, Ben! I did say I wanted the title 'goddess'; I could be the goddess of culinary inspiration!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker