Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Smoked Mozzarella, Ricotta and Pine Nut Ravioli

.



I get these ideas, now and then. Ideas for flavor combinations. It's almost
like a game I play with myself, figuring out what do to with an ingredient.

Some weeks ago, I decided to make ravioli, and fill it with smoked mozzarella.

I think smoked mozzarella is divine. What an amazing flavor! Rich and strong. You can't hide that smokey-goodness.

To give the pasta a creamier texture, I added the ricotta, but to really punch it op, toasted pine nuts.

The results? Angels sing. 'Tis really that good.

Admittedly, they aren't your normal ravioli shapes. This is just my second time
making my own pasta, and I was using a recipe from Marcella that, well, wasn't that clear.

I ended up with pillows rather than squares with a puffy middle. But, very lightly boiled and tossed with a butter and pine nut sauce, I got no complaints from Matt.




For the month of April, we're taking our appetizers on a picnic! Turn all your favorite picnic foods into bite-sized treats, grab a cold drink, and join us for a Blog Party. All you have to do is make ****AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail**** (that's a minimum of one EACH); take some photos, and write about it. Get your entries to me no later than Thursday, 19 April: either leave a link here in the comments, or send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the round-up on Saturday, 21 April. Hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Oh. Oh! Great idea! Except I have no clue as to where to get smoked mozarella around here... Will go a-hunting!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Smoked mozza in ravioli....yum! Great idea Steph. Great theme for blog party too, although the 4 inches of snow here aren't putting me in a picnic mood...

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Zarah...oh, dear...I have no idea what to tell you about that one. I hope you're able to find it!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Sara!

Hopefully, the weather will warm up in time. This cold snap is most unwelcome!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger CMB said...

This sounds delightful! What is the recipe? I'd love to give it a try!!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

CMB; thanks!

I just sort of made it up, actually...there isn't an actual recipe, sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker