Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Chicken with Goat Cheese & Basil

.



I'm a big fan of recipes...meals...that come together in very little time.

This one from Ina Garten follows that plan perfectly. I'd have made it a long time ago, but we have the hardest time finding skin-on chicken.

Anyway, it's like this. Basil and a few slices of a garlic-and-herb
goat's cheese are placed between the chicken and it's skin. Rub skin
with olive oil, S&P it, bake 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees. It's
just that easy.

While it was baking, I made wild rice, and tossed some greens drizzled with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and S&P on a plate, and viola!. Dinner for Matt.

He said it was really good...he's a serious basil fan, so I wasn't trying
to hard...and the best part: I wasn't spending hours in the kitchen.

Ok, I'm perfectly happy to do that most days, but it was a rough weekend.
Hassle-free dinner plans are a godsend on nights like that.



For the month of April, we're taking our appetizers on a picnic! Turn all your favorite picnic foods into bite-sized treats, grab a cold drink, and join us for a Blog Party. All you have to do is make ****AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail**** (that's a minimum of one EACH); take some photos, and write about it. Get your entries to me no later than this Thursday, 19 April: either leave a link here in the comments, or send it to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the round-up on Saturday, 21 April. Hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,
I'm gonna have to try that one.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kevin, it's so easy, and delicious. I think you'll love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker