Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Panutty Brownie Cake

.



Here's another gap in my culinary memory...

I made this cake for my father-in-law's birthday back in July (I think). I just don't remember where it came from.

I do remember, however, being annoyed at how blue the photos came out!




Blog Party#26 is coming, and this month, we're focusing on What's Inside! All your favorite appetizers with something to hide, and drinks, too...if you can manage!
Entries are due next Thursday, 20 September; hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + +

12 Thoughts for food:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure it's from the Dorie Greenspan book.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You know...that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

Fancy you remembering that!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Yup, that's from Dorie. I made the same one this summer, only mine was for my grandfather. :-)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger thepassionatecook said...

ah, you're killing me! i want the recipe... please! it looks like i'm going to love it! especially if you tell me that you used slightly salted peanuts!

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger daphne said...

Despite what u said about the blue tinge, the cake sure looked rich and moist!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, that brownie cake looks terribly gorgeous! I could die for a slice of it...

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Ha!- As soon as I saw that one I knew it was Dorie, I've made it too!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Quellia; that was my first thought, but the book was downstairs and I was too lazy to run down and get it! It's an awfully big book, as you know...

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Johanna, the recipe shall be yours. And yes! They are salted peanuts.

It's a Loooong recipe, but I promise to get it to you before the week is out.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Daphne!

One problem with my house...the ten foot ceilings make for very bad lighting!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Rosa!

Well, Matt said everyone enjoyed it, eating large pieces of the cake. He wished he'd taken a chunk home with him.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You know, Brilynn; I knew if the cake was from Dorie, you'd be the one to spot it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker