Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Blog Party#25: Minty Goodness---The Round-Up

.



Welcome to another Blog Party! We have lots of new faces here tonight, and I thank you all for coming to celebrate the wonder that is mint.

You've come up with all sorts of interesting ways to use that fragrant herb, but before we get on to the food, we have to set the mood.

I've loaded up the CD player tonight with a rather eclectic mix of tunes, and we're starting things off with Magnetism, by...Mint!



Next, we move on the Starlight Mints, with Drowaton...these guys are fun!




Finally, we spotlight the singer/songwriter with Mint, by Rachel Loshak.




Now, for those who just can't stand holding those small plates, I've set out these gorgeous Mint Chocolate pieces...that should hold a lot of food!



Very much adding to the party mood, I've placed these Mint Mojito candles all over the house! Mmmm...smells good.



And finally, because this is the South, we're fully stocked with these Mint Julep Cups!!



And now, we move on to the food!


Our first guest tonight is also a first-timer to Blog Party, so everyone be sure and say 'hello!' to Farid! He's also first in line with a lovely lamb dish, Algerian Mint & Lemon Marinated Kebabs with Salsa Tomatish...yum! I think you've keyed in on two of my husband's favorite ingredients, Farid...lamb & mint.
To drink, he's also brought a rather refreshing Algerian Lemonade with Mint & Lemon Zest Sugar...oh, can't wait to try that!
Farid, thank you so much for joining my little party; we're so thrilled you could come!





Next we have Sarah, also a new-comer to the Party, who tested out her minty wares on her neighbor before joining us. Sarah...welcome!
She's loaded up with this wonderful Minted Lamb Sliders with Mint & Cucumber Yogurt Topping; another perfect combination.
And keeping us from going thirsty on what is yet another hot night, Sarah's also got the fixin's for Mint, Cucumber & Lemon Gin & Tonics...that will definitely go over well with this crowd!
So happy you could join us tonight, Sarah!



I'm pleased as Planter's Punch that Dayna's here! Not only that, but she overcame her dislike of mint to join us tonight...thanks, Dayna.
And I know you'll be glad she did, when you try her Onion Bhaji with Spicy Mint Chutney. Sounds delicious!
And she'll keep you happy with her Mint Ginger Fizz, as well...that's my kind of cocktail!
Enjoy the party, Dayna!






Eva's back, and she's as overwhelmed with mint as we are at the moment! Happy to help, Eva.
Tonight, she's gone Middle Eastern, as seems only right, with these fabulous Chickpea, Aubergine & Pomegranate Fritters topped with Minty Quark. That may be a mouthful, but at least it's a tasty one!
Going perfectly with, Eva's also got Arabic Gin & Tonics...using mint syrup and pomegranate molasses. I love that stuff, too!
It's all great Eva, and thanks for coming!





Stanislas is back, and he is quickly becoming the drinks master here at Blog Party! Despite the language barrier (I don't speak a word of French, I'm afraid), he always gets his message across when it comes to food & drink.
Tonight's no exception, with his most beautiful Rhumalibu Fraise/Menthe. Ok, even I understood that!
Fantastic, as always, Stanislas; thanks for being here this evening!




J has returned, despite an always-busy schedule...I think she's as addicted to Blog Party as she is to table ware!
Either way, you'll be glad she's here when you see the minty bounty she's brought with her.
There's her Crab & Broad Bean Crostini...the name may not contain mint, but the recipe sure does!
But it's her Pea & Mint Soup that has me staring in wonder...that's one beautiful cuppa soup, J!
She's also brought dessert, which we'll all enjoy; Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches...no worries, I've got plenty of napkins!
And to finish it all off, a Minty Pimms; very English!
Always good to see you, J...and love the food!


And now it's my turn!




Starting things off with large quantities of Minted Limeade; made with mint syrup and lots & lots of lime juice, and served with fresh mint leaves. Very sweet, but really, really good.



Next, a Mint Salad; tiny plates of rough-chopped mint, mixed with watercress, and lightly drizzled with olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Topped with a plump raspberry and shavings of Parmesan.



Next, Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Mint Raita. Nothing new, perhaps, but there's a reason they call 'em classics!



Moving on, Moroccan Tea; green tea & mint & sugar. Simple, but satisfying.



And finally, Mint Meringues. Using minted sugar (if you click on the photo, you should be able to see the flecks of green in the cookies) in a basic meringue recipe, giving a faintly minty flavor to the crunchy treats.

Well, that does it! I again thank you all for being her tonight, and do hope you'll come back in September for our next party. I will be sending an email to each of you, giving you a 'sneak peak' at next month's theme, so you'll have plenty of time to prepare.

Ok, enjoy the rest of the evening. Eat lots of food, drink all you want (we have good taxi services here!), and talk with friends.

And I hope to see you all back in September!




Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 3:36 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

That was fun! Plenty of mint in my garden to try some of these recipes out. :)

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for including my record in your mint collection! That's what I'd always hoped would happen!

all the mint things looked good and delicious!

All the best,
Rachel Loshak

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh! That is so sweet! Thank you for those nice words and I'm thrilled to be here!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Wendy!

That's the thing about mint, isn't it? If you can get it growing, you'll never lack for mint again!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow! Hi, Rachel!

Happy to have added it. You write good stuff, and I like to showcase the less obvious stuff for my 'parties'.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're welcome, Farid, and I do hope you'll become a regular!

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great turnout! I had mine all prepared but I thought the entry is appetizer and a drink...as I was on vacation, I didn't have a drink to go with my appetizer so I didn't sent my entry. :( Anyway, here's the appetizer that I originally wanted to sent in for this mint blog party : Taboulé à la française.

Will join in the fun next time then.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, we would have loved for you to join us!

Definitely try to be here in September, then, ok?

And yum...that sounds delicous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker