Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Pantry Raid: Brick Red Mole & Juice!

.



Doing my best to get back into food events not titled "Blogging by Mail" (!), I was happy to find a reason to force myself to play hunter/gatherer in my own kitchen.

For Leftover Tuesdays, hosted by Project Foodie, I dug out a large can of pineapple juice we bought for some occasion and never actually used. Cute swizzle stick really classes it up, doesn't it?



A habit we're getting into: roasting a couple of chicken breasts over the weekend in case that week's dinners don't produce leftover's for Matt to take to work. This juicy chicken, combined with...



a Rubbermaid container of Rick Bayless's Brick Red Mole, which had been sitting in the bottom of my chest freezer for well over a year, some chopped lettuce and tortillas we always have around, made for a filling, albeit spicy, dinner.


Brick Red Mole Chicken Tortillas






Tagged with: + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how it happens but I always end up with a can of pineapple juice sitting in my pantry and no use for it in sight! Great Pantry Raid and great use of leftovers...

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Pam!

Actually, I discovered that we had two cans of juice in the pantry!

I keep saying that I'm going to type up a list of everything in every cupboard and shelf...but that's yet to happen.

And it until it does? Multiple cans of juice, I suppose!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker