Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Caramel Hazelnut Bars

.




These beauties are so easy to make, not doing so should demand immediate forfeiture of baking rights.

An unbelievably easy base, flour and butter and salt and vanilla, topped with dulce de leche (the recipe card I used called for 'caramel ice cream topping, but c'mon...what are the odds I'd do that?), and chopped toasted hazelnuts. It gets baked in a moderate oven till the edges are 'golden', and cooled.



Once it is, bittersweet chocolate is drizzled over, and you're ready to eat.

As you know, I rarely eat the stuff I bake, but I just had to try one. And oh, my...there is beauty in simplicity!

The cookie base is smooth and delicious. The caramel/nut combo, with the added bonus of the chocolate, is perfection.

I did decide, though, that when I make this again (and I will), I'm going to top the whole thing with Fleur de sel; that salty extra will make this bar cookie heavenly.


And don't forget!!! Leftover Tuesdays entries are due tomorrow! Here's your chance to Use It Up...a way to take all those food items lying around your cupboards and refrigerator, and find new culinary life for them. I do hope you'll join us!





Tagged with: + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH these look good!!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Marye! And they're just as good as they look.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way these look and the description of the cookies, but where do I find the recipe?

Kay

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Kay, and thanks!

If you send a message to the address listed on my sidebar, I'd be happy to email it to you. It's my policy never to print (copyrighted) material on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker