Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Fun: What's In (or about) a Name

.

Some weeks ago, amidst the uproar of pre-party madness, my dear friend Jeanne tagged me for a meme.

I (belatedly) promised I'd get it up, as soon as life returned to some semblance of normal, and when I realized this morning it's merely the calm before the holiday storm, I knew it was time.

For each letter of my name (again, I curse owning such a lengthy moniker), I am to share some secret to my soul, giving you a peek at the real me.

We're going to talk about me now, are we? Oh, goody.

S is for Summers. As a 'grown-up', summer doesn't mean that much to me. And living in the incredibly hot & humid South, going outdoors from late April through mid-September vegres on the suicidal. But some of my happiest childhood memories are of summers spent with my grandparents. Playing with the neighborhood kids, visiting my Grampa's beagles (he bred them), picking blackberries so Grammy could make jelly, listening to baseball games on the radio, watching my Uncle wash his car practically every single day (it was fairly fancy), hanging out on my swing set, eating peas right out of the garden, and feeling safe.

T is for Teeth. I'm slightly obsessive when it comes to oral health. I floss, waterpik, pre-brush rinse, brush like my life depended on it, and follow with mouthwash. Obsessive. I keep dental floss stashed around the house, so no matter where I am in the evening, I can be ready!

E is for Elephants. I've loved elephants since I was a child. I'm fairly certain it began when an Aunt gave me a stuffed elephant as a gift, which I subsequently used as a pillow for the next...um, which I use as a pillow to this day. Don't mock my Ellie.

P is for Private. And why this meme is so difficult! You may have noticed, from reading this or my other blog, that I rarely get personal in my writing. I'm the same way in real life. I've always been an extremely good listener, a trusted friend...but I don't reveal much. There are many, and very good, reasons why, but if I told you, I wouldn't be true to myself.

H is for Headaches. I started getting migraines when I was 13. They got so bad, I found I only noticed when I didn't have one...as the years went by, they became less frequent, and now I normally get them only every couple of months.

A is for animals. I have a St. Francis-like way with animals. I've been that way since childhood. I'd visit someone with a pet that normally doesn't respond well to strangers, and before the night's out, said animal is curled up in my lap, sleeping. It works with cats, dogs, horses, birds and even turtles! Domesticated or wild. I talk to them, and make friends for life. It's almost eerie.

N is for Nora Charles.
I think if I could be a literary character, I'd like to try on Dashiell Hammett's Nora Charles, of The Thin Man fame, for size. Despite the fact I don't drink, she seems like a real peach.

I is for Internet. Am I supposed to thank Al Gore here? The Internet, well, it's changed my life. I met Matt because of it. We found our house via the 'Net. Since I first logged on, so much has changed. Met a guy, moved cross-country, planned a wedding, kept in touch with friends, moved again, started blogging...met new friends. All because of this Internet-thing.

E is for Eggplant. Despite living as a vegetarian for going on twelve years, I despise eggplant. I think it's disgusting. I keep trying it, hoping I'll come 'round, but it's yet to happen.



Per the rules, I'm to select someone for each letter of my name, but I think I'll flaunt said rules and allow anyone with a connection to those letters (and who wants to play) elect themselves.

If you do, be sure to let me know!




And be sure to stop by tomorrow for the reveal of December's Blog Party theme!

4 Thoughts for food:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

I've always been an elephant lover too... one of my friends makes it a point to always get me a birthday card with an elephant on it.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Thanks Stephanie for letting us get to know a little more about you. I always enjoy reading these MEME's and learning a little more about my blogging friends!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Brilynn!

Matt always gives me an elephant something-or-other, too.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Bellini Valli!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker