Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gung Hay Fat Tuesday (again)

.



I should finally get some text up here.

It seems like Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) & Chinese New Year land days apart, every year. We like to celebrate, but our way. With food.

And ok, we might have a little fun with decorations and costumes, too...check out Alex channeling a 1970's-era Elton John in his Mardi Gras regalia.



I made the same jambalaya recipe I've been using for the past, oh, six or seven years. It's good, it's easy. But the star has to be the King Cake.
I, ah, can't remember where I found the recipe, but it was one of the better ones I've made since I started making them.



There was a grand design, of sorts, for Chinese New Year, but I was kind of cooked-out, and there was already a backlog of dishes from our New Orleans dinner.
So, we went with a more simple...and simple to prepare...fried rice.



I'm a total fried wontons addict. These golden & crunchy pillows were filled with sausage (and veggie sausage) and a bit of spice, wrapped and fried.
And promptly gobbled up.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

This bright, happy pic of Alex made me smile. Love the King Cake.

If you have time, I have tagged you for a MeMe:

http://kitchenlaw.blogspot.com/2008/02/meme-food-for-gossip.html

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

He always makes me smile, too!

Thanks, it was a gooood cake.

I'll get to the meme; promise!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I hope to someday visit New Orleans for Mardis Gras. You have given me the inpsiration to have my own party with all these things I have never tried...for example King Cake :D

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

BV; I've long wanted to visit NO, but still haven't managed. I'm a lot closer now, hopefully I'll get there soon-ish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker