Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Is it Spring? Winter? Make Up Your %#(&^$ Mind

.


(I apologize in advance; I'm a little cranky right now and it might not be the best time to sit in front of a keyboard...)


How's a girl supposed to plan the week's menu, when one day it's almost seventy degrees, and two days later, it barely cracks 30?

Light & refreshing salads, or warm & hearty soups? I don't know; the weather patterns, temperatures, Global Warming...whatever, have so screwed things up I can't cook seasonally, I suppose.

On one of the days when we did need to wear a coat (which, if I remember correctly, fell immediately after a day requiring little more than short sleeves), I made this omelet for Matt.

Shallots and pancetta and sun-dried tomatoes, cooked in olive oil till 'done', then added to the egg, folded and finished with a lovely Gruyere-heavy sauce (actually, leftover fondue!).

It was warm, it was filling, it was hearty. And if I have my days right, completely unsuitable for the next day, which reached temperatures in the mid-sixties...




We're going a bit crazy this month: Blog Party#31 is a Fried Food Frenzy!

You have till the end of February to get your fried finger food entries to me; hope to see you there.




Tagged with: + + + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

Hi Steph, sounds like Melbourne - 35 degrees Celsius and beltinh hot yesterday, 20 degrees and wet today.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

I hear ya! I wish the weather would decide on Spring...

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cakelaw...oh, I'm sick of it. If it's going to be cold, fine. I can deal with that. But the bouncing back & forth? I'm over it.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Spring wouldn't be a bad thing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker