Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

For the Kid in You

.



A few of Matt's friends came over last weekend for a night of gaming. Yes, gaming. Not poker or video games, but good old-fashioned role playing games.

They're a really nice group of guys, but I often tease them that they're still 12 at heart. But then what's wrong with that?



So...what do you make for a bunch of grown-up kids? Kid-friendly favorites, of course.
So, I served them home-made cream-filled chocolate cupcakes, peanut butter cookies...with and without chocolate kisses, and cream-filled, 'canoe-shaped', snack cakes.



But they had to eat dinner first, so they got this enormous burger. Roasted garlic on the inside, topped with blue cheese.
And I do mean it's big. Over a foot across, with a loaf of bread for a roll!



Instead of fries, there were BBQ-flavored potato wedges, roasted in the oven.


Not a bad way to spend a Saturday night, eh?





This month, Blog Party's all about the ultimate hand-held food & having a Pizza Party!

Top your pies...full-sized and sliced, or in miniature form...any way you want, pour yourself a drink, and join the party. You have till Thursday, 20 March to RSVP...hope to see you there!






Tagged with: + + + + + + +

14 Thoughts for food:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

um.... YUM!!!!!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

LOVE the giant burger! My hubby's a gamer, too, and his bunch-of-guys come over here every-other-Sunday for gaming and I feed them. I'm always looking for new ideas!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

I love how the cakes look just like Twinkies. Betcha they taste better than Twinkies - home made stuff always does.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It's a great way to spend a Satirday night. I'll bet they all loved the huge burger, eh:D A very creative meal from one Canadian to another.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Melody said...

I cannot believe those are homemade! Please sure your recipe and technique for making them look sooooo real.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Barbie!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Mrs. W!

1/4 of the group lives out of town, so they don't get together as often as they'd like. But when they do, I insist they hang out here so I can cook for them!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cakelaw; they were amazing. Perfect cakes, and the filling had this touch of lemon. Fantastic.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, BV...except, I'm not from Canada!! I'm stuck in the Southern US at the moment...

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, MK99!

Well, the 'Twinkies' got their shape from this pan. I got the recipe from here.

The 'Hostess' knock-offs came from here. Normally, I use my own double-dark chocolate cake recipe, but this time I went with the one from F&W.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Avory said...

Ooh, ooh, Stephanie, I think I may make it after all! Haha. But what is your policy on doubling up blog events? I found a pizza dough recipe on my Taste & Create partner's blog, and I wanted to try it. Then I remembered that blog party was pizza this month. I actually was planning on doing calzones, so I may make mini-pizzas and do a separate post (along with my drink) for BP, but if not do you mind if I use the same post for both?

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Judith...absolutely! People often double-up on events, so that's no problem.

Btw; I love calzones!

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I love your BIG burger and the desserts. How fun! We're having a burger recipe contest and I'd love to have you enter your recipe (along with the dessert since side dishes are welcome and I have a HUGE sweet tooth!). The prize for the best burger is the winner's choice of 10 pounds of burgers - we have over ten options to choose from including Kobe, ostrich and wild boar burgers. Check out the contest at MarxFoods.com

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks...but 2/3 of this family are vegetarian. Wouldn't want the prize, I'm afraid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker