Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Blog Party#33: Diner (and Road & Street) Food

.



It's that time again; time to mark your calendars and save the date. Because you're invited to the 33rd edition of Blog Party!

This time around, we're hitting the road. Or, rather, our taste buds are. We're taking our favorite roadside foods and down-sizing them. Those must-haves from your favorite pub, street vendor or local diner? Turn them into finger food!

Bloomin' onions? Soft pretzels? Meatloaf & mashed potatoes? Noodles, sushi, whatever you usually grab when you're on the road, or the comfort foods you turn to at an all-night spot; whatever makes you happy.

Just serve it up as an appetizer, pair it with a beverage of your choice, and RSVP by Thursday, 17 April. You can leave your URL in the comments section of any post, or send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. Party kicks off that Saturday night, 19 April.

Want to know more about Blog Party? Visit the rules & round-up page, located here.

Still have questions? Write to me at the above address...and I hope I see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + +

13 Thoughts for food:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

What a great theme! I might have to participate this round... my thinking cap is ON!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Mrs. W, I sincerely hope you can make it!

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I hadn't missed the pizza round but I'll see what kind of street foods I can cook up!
P.S. This blog party idea is brilliant!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sassychef; thank you!

I am rather fond of BP; it's such a great way to meet new people & mingle, try new recipes, have fun...but not change out of your pajamas (should be so-inclined)!

Hope to see you there!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Avory said...

Here's my entry!

And thanks a lot for the $5 coupon. I think I'll get some cinnamon and blood orange, two of my favourite flavours :-)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Melody said...

I am in.

http://melodystrapdoor.blogspot.com/2008/04/blogging-party-diner-street-and-pub.html

Cheers!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Melody said...

Count me in.
http://melodystrapdoor.blogspot.com/2008/04/blogging-party-diner-street-and-pub.html

Cheers!

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's my entry - such as it is!

http://kitchenretro.wordpress.com/2008/04/17/a-venture-into-my-non-retro-semi-vegetarian-kitchen/

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My entry:
http://paigu.crystalized.ca/2008/04/recipe-the-love-feud-of-the-green-sisters/

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Judith..yay!!

Enjoy the tea.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

MK99...good to have you back!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Lidian...wonderful; thanks!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, sassychef!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker