Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Serenity

.

If you're a tea-lover, a fan of Joss Whedon, or both, here's some news.

My favorite tea company, Adagio, has introduced a new tea, inspired by Mal, Zoe, Wash & Co.: Firefly!

This is just too cool.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Lidian said...

That tea sounds great - I adore tea, and will check it out.

Though a new reader, I do love your blog...so have nominated you for an E for Excellence award over at Kitchen Retro -

http://kitchenretro.wordpress.com/

And am I ever looking forward to the next Blog party! (Am working on what to bring right now) :)

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Avory said...

Whoa! Your tea company is cheaper than my tea company (with whom I've been displeased lately). Any favourites? I normally go with flavoured black, herbal, mate, or occasionally rooibos. My main qualifier though is that it's FLAVOURFUL. I'm sick of weak tea.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Lidian, it's amazing tea. I love it, keep a pretty big selection in the house at all times, and happily give it as gifts. It's just that good.

Well, thank you!! I don't know that Dispensing Happiness has even been nominated for anything, so much appreciated. And once this incredibly busy week is over (top-to-bottom cleaning for out of town guests, BP, RRC, and a few other challenges), I shall reciprocate.

Very happy you're coming to Blog Party; we'll be looking for you!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Judith; Adagio rocks. Everything about it is happiness.

You even get 'tea points'; for every 'X' dollar spent, you accumulate points. So many points gets you dollars off your next order. Unlike phone minutes, they roll-over, and you can let that number get as big as you want. With the amount of tea we drink, I get some pretty big discounts!

I, first of all, recommend starting with the samplers. They're nice little tins, perfect for a few trail cups. If you end not liking it (which, frankly, has never happened with Adagio), you've spent very little and there's almost no waste.

As for favorites? Oh, my. Well, let me see: blueberry, caramel (yum), chocolate, cinnamon, Christmas, raspberry, vanilla (flavors), spearmint, sour apple, peppermint, blood orange, berry blues and berry blast (herbal), ceylon waltz & ceylon sonota (black).

I tend to stick with flavored tea, myself...but I've gotten green and black in lots of flavors for Matt.

Also, I've sent (email) a five-dollar off coupon to you, from Adagio.

Anyone else who wants one? Make sure I have your email address.

Hope that helps!

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger LisaRene said...

I'm a huge tea drinker as well and will give this company a try. I've purchases Teavana before and usually buy Republic of Tea from the grocery store. I like the flavored green teas. I'm always interested in trying out a new brand, thanks for sharing!

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Oh, *very* cool! I am a huge Joss Whedon fan and I love tea - perfect. :)

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

lisarene, you're so welcome!

And do let me know if you'd like a five dollar off coupon...

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Anne, in this house, we worship at the Altar of Whedon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker