Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Breakfast...or Dessert?

.



When I got my first look at King Arthur Flour's new recipe site, I found I'd lost at least an hour. I mean, there I was, at one time, and suddenly, it's an hour later and I was extremely hungry.

Too many recipes bookmarked, and a realization not only will I not live long enough to run through them, but my great grandchildren will still be working their way through my lists of 'to try' recipes.

But then one that really grabbed me, the one I had to make, was the Caramel-Cinnamon Meltdowns.

A cinnamon-battered muffin, with both a sweet cinnamon & a caramel filling, topped with cinnamon sugar.

Reviews ranged from "really yummy" to "tender, cinnamon-y, really sweet". All said with happy smiles.






We're kicking off our fourth year of Blog Party by taking a look back at some of our favorite first-year themes. This month, we're revisiting a BP favorite, Retro Party!

We're doing a bit of time-travel, and bringing back some of the weird and wonderful dishes & drinks from the 20's through the late sixties. You won't want to miss it! R.S.V.P. no later than Thursday, 21 August. Hope to see you there!







Tagged with: + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Laura Rebecca said...

Oh, Stephanie... these look more luscious than the ones on the KA site!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, Laura and I are on the same page here! I say the answer to your question is "yes".

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Laura...thank you so much!!! Muffins are fun to photograph.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

breadchick...yeah, they've been disappearing all times of the day!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh my... These sound just plain unbelievable!! Already bookmarked. Should be called "diet meltdowns"!!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

"diet meltdowns"...I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker