Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Triumph

.



I don't know what, exactly, has gotten into Alex. I'm not sure I care, either...he's been on a 'taste-new-foods' jag the past couple of weeks. It's, well, it's wonderful.

That day when you sit down at the dining table, and all three plates hold the same foods? Priceless.

He breezed through Italian, expressed delight with his foray into Chinese, and really dug into the Swiss wonder of fondue.

So imagine our glee, absolute glee, when Alex decided he loved the Mediterranean offerings we gave him the other night.

He saw the falafel, asked what it was, and declared "I want to try that, I hope I like it'.

He did, too. He loved everything. I think he consumed half a 'brick' of feta.

I have no idea why he's been so keen to eat new foods, but so long as he is we're going to keep trotting out our favorites.

Wonder what spot on the globe we'll visit next...








Blogging by Mail is back! Sign up for blogdom's favorite global goody swap with 10 Items or Less.






Tagged with: + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

That is impressive! I know many adults who won't try things like falafel. Congrats on raising a mini-foodie!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Deb!

We do what we can. Thank god he's grown up watching not only us but my in-laws eat interesting foods. I mean, you think I do lots of stuff? You should see their weekly menus!

This week, we try Indian and a jambalaya (yes, a veg version for the two of us); keep those fingers crossed!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

LOL about the comment re. three plates of the same food! And I'm 100% with him on the half brick of feta. I would do the same ;-)

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Jeanne...something 'Alex-friendly', a dish for Matt and a veg version for me. It got a bit...trying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker